If you are someone who has recently tested positive for the coronavirus (SARS-COV-2), there are a lot of things that you should know to make sure that you make a full recovery. It is essential that you remember that the COVID-19 virus spreads very easily between people, when they are in close contact with one another. It has actually been spreading quite a bit in colder temperatures. The virus spreads when someone coughs or even sneezes. It also spreads when the person who has the virus touches surfaces because the surfaces can get easily contaminated with the droplets that have the virus particles.
A lot of people who have contracted the virus show mild to moderate symptoms when it comes to being in. Most of them do not even require hospitalisation. The ones who require hospitalisation or the ones who are very well advanced when it comes to age. People above 50 years or actually facing a lot of severe symptoms, because of the COVID-19 virus. According to the Centres For Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), making sure that you are in isolation will definitely hinder the spread of the virus.
If you are sick or if you think you have the COVID-19 virus, the CDC recommends that you stay indoors for at least three days, before getting tested. In most cases, it takes 10 days for the symptoms to show up.
Once you get tested for COVID-19 and if it shows a positive result, there are a couple of things that you can do. Here are 10 things that you can do to make sure you make a full recovery.
1. You need to rest and sleep as much as possible. Feeling weak is completely normal.
2. You need to make sure that you keep complete track of all of your symptoms which may include cough, loss of taste and smell, fever, et cetera.
3. Drink plenty of fluids.
4. See if you need prescription medication.
5. Contact a doctor.
6. Follow the instructions of your health care provider, which would be your doctor.
7. Avoid contact with everybody. You should not come into contact with even a single human being, because it could spread the virus to them.
8. Do not share towels, dishes, drinking containers, plates, et cetera.
9. Every single thing you touch should be sanitised. All of your clothes should be sanitised by you. Wash your hands as often as possible with soap or hand sanitiser.
10. Make sure that you disinfect the surfaces that you touch, including tables, countertops, light switches, keyboards, remotes, phones, touchscreens, toilets, doorknobs, et cetera.
A COVID-19 positive test result does not mean a death sentence. And we should do everything you can to isolate and eat healthily.